Tirana, November 20, 2015
Wine producers have claimed the government should decrease the excise tax for wine products and to reflect it in the fiscal package of 2016. The claim was made by the Head of the Association of Wine Producers, Gazmend Shehi, according to which the wine industry has been underestimated by the government and is currently facing difficulties due to high taxes.
Shehi declared in a TV interview that wine producers in Albania need more support from the government in order to expand and develop such industry. According to him, the government should take new measures in this regard as the Association will claim their requests at the state institutions.
Domestic producers currently cover only 20% of the wine consumption in the country and the other 80% is covered by the import.
News source: Scan TV
Photo credits: Dave Dugdale / Flickr
Leave a Reply