University of Tirana and Pacinno (Platform for Trans-Academic Cooperation in Innovation) organized jointly “Pacinno Startup Investment Conference” on January 30, held at the headquarters of the UT rectorate in Tirana capital.
The event consisted in the presentation of 6 startup ideas or projects, each 5 minutes presentation and a professional jury selected two winning startups, which will have the opportunity to represent Albania in the Regional Conference of Investments, a competition event of best startup ideas from Western Europe entrepreneurs that will be held in Corfu this year.
The participating startup ideas were:
- Design by Pana – A creative and ecologic wood processing company that transforms used wood into comfortable home furniture, such as couches, buffets, chairs, beds, ect.
- Easy Travel – A mobile application that aims to create a connecting bridge for consumers that need a taxi but don’t have any contacts with taxi drivers or taxi companies.
- Doktoriim.com – (My doctor.com) The only platform about health care information in Albania. The website aims to help its readers by giving advices and a wider knowledge on their personal health.
- Findit.al – A mobile application that helps its subscribers in finding their preferred bar, restaurant, hotel, events, offers, occasions, ect.
- AmaKids – A 3D course (educative game) for children aged 5-17 which through various modules will help children in learning more about courses they learn in school.
- Smart Charging – A platform that aims to transform public telephone cabins into modern multi functioning stations for cellphone charging. A unique way in charging you cell battery through sun panels installed above the cabins.
The jury was comprised by Faculty of Economy lecturers and Pacinno specialists, an international project funded by IPA Adriatic Cross-border Cooperation Program. Pacinno Startup Investment Conference is a platform that gives innovative and high developing potential IT projects the opportunity to present and improve.
Source/photo: University of Tirana
Leave a Reply