On Monday (March 23rd), the two governments of Albania and Kosovo held the second intergovernmental official meeting, one year after the first meeting held in Prizren city of Kosovo, under the motto “One country, one nation, one dream”.
The heads of the two states Edi Rama and Isa Mustafa praised the excellent relations between the two countries and declared that the signing of the Strategic Partnership Declaration has transformed these relations into a coordination instrument in fields of education, agriculture, culture and trade.
The two Prime Ministers also signed the Declaration for the regional development of cross-border areas which foresees the implementation of several developing projects in these areas. Rama and Mustafa confirmed their joint engagement in intensifying the intergovernmental dialogue regarding issues of mutual interest. They stressed that the 11 agreements signed on Monday show the clear Euro-Atlantic vision of the two countries.
Albania and Kosovo governments signed 11 cooperation agreements in fields of mutual interest by signing the Strategic Partnership Document by the two Prime Ministers, Edi Rama and Isa Mustafa.
- For Joint Cooperation in Security Field
- Memorandum on the “Strengthen of Cooperation in the Field of Internal Control”
- Protocol on the “Joint Exploitation of Equipments for Border Control”
- Protocol on “Immediate Trans boundary Pursuit”
- Memorandum of Understanding “For Strengthening of Cooperation between the Albanian and Kosovo’s Ministries of Finances”
- Cooperation Agreement “For the Joint Organization of the Albanian Language and Culture Learning in Diaspora”
- Agreement for “Cooperation in Higher Education and Scientific Research”
- Agreement for “Institutional Cooperation for the Advancement and the Professional Development of Teaching in Pre University Institutions”
- Protocol “For the Implementation of the Framework Agreement reached Between the Republic of Albania Council of Ministers and the Kosovo’s government for Cooperation in Boosting and Easing Trade”
- Memorandum “On the Cooperation in the Agriculture field and Rural Development”
- Cooperation Memorandum between the Republic of Albania Ministry of Culture and Kosovo’s Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports and the Ministry of Diaspora.
Ministers of Foreign Affairs declared that in terms of the foreign policies, the two countries have as common priority the European integration. Albanian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ditmir Bushati declared that Albania and Kosovo have shown that can be influential actors in the efforts to lessen the economic and social gap between Balkan and the European Union countries.
News source/photo credits: Ministry of Foreign Affairs